ClearMotion lands $100M to swap software for car shocks and boost self-driving UX.
The evolution of Turo under the leadership of Andre Haddad.
A new identity for a new era of luxury mobility
TIME tries out HP's new Spectre laptop.
Together, the firms will help make Xbox Live "more social and fun," Microsoft said.
The advertising experience for Freeform shows is about to change.
The number of options for Sonos owners to stream music to their connected speakers continues to expand.
Mercedes-Benz is getting very serious about the commercial van and truck market in the United States.
Subaru Sweeps Crossover SUV segment for 2016 AutoPacific Ideal Vehicle Awards
Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services both are termed “leaders,” the only two among 10 contenders to win that title in what’s come to be called the “MQ,” a well-respected guide for consumers and a way for vendors to gauge their progress.
Experian yesterday unveiled a fraud and identity open platform to the South Africa market at the Experian Insights Conference in Johannesburg.
Tangerine has earned the highest ranking in customer satisfaction among midsized banks for the fifth straight year in the 2016 J.D. Power Canadian Retail Banking Customer Satisfaction Study.
Commentary: Here's why Tidal is my music service of choice.
Popular JVM development platform for Java and Scala developers helps Datacenter Operating System support fast, powerful applications
New clinical outcome study shows 46% decrease in surgical site infection rates at Lowell General Hospital
David Chang's Chelsea restaurant will start serving the veggie burger that bleeds
Company moves beyond defense and aerospace customers into markets as varied as heating elements for cars.
Ten-X Commercial Real Estate Nowcast offers first glimpse at midyear pricing trends: Three of the five major CRE sectors feature gains in June, with the office sector showing the strongest increase
GM launches new car-sharing service in D.C.
Sonos’ first flagship NYC store makes the Apple store look boring, and The Next Web got an early tour
TP-LINK, the global leader of networking products, has revealed the Neffos Y5L smartphone.
Why this "bloody" veggie burger may become the Tesla of food
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt publishing group releases the book Good as Gone on Texture magazine app
Freeform orders Lonely Island comedy pilot ‘Alone Together’
Got an old car? Thanks to three Apple renegades, you can install your own rearview camera
Abbott announced the results of the IMPACT clinical trial, which demonstrated that the FreeStyle Libre system met its primary endpoint of a reduction in time spent in hypoglycemia (low glucose levels, defined as <70 mg/dL1) for people with type 1 diabetes.
NewsON also announced the activation of a new ad platform for its mobile apps and Roku channel
Major League Baseball has signed a deal with Stance that will make the company the official sock provider for the league.
Inc. recently polled 25 angel investors and venture capitalists, and asked about the portfolio companies that are executing well.
Industry's first smart plug-and-play platform allows companies to connect their own solutions, Experian products and third-party vendors in one place to better protect their customers from fraud threats
Lightbend backs Scala, a fan favorite programming language for big data applications.
Honey-based offering launches as stevia gains ground on competitors
Trying to keep track of fuel-economy for trucks can be a handful, given the ridiculous number of possible configurations for most models. But not for the 2017 Honda Ridgeline!
Big, full and rounded sound akin to a full-sized Hi-Fi - with a price to match - but squeezed into a box that can stream almost all app-controlled music services
A kitchen appliance has stood out among a field of 5,000 international contenders for its product design.
Digital direct business puts the customer first
The burger was everything I expected one to be: juicy, dense, chewy, salty, and satisfyingly fatty. But unlike every other burger I’ve eaten, this one was 100 percent meat-free. And it was doing a shockingly good job at convincing my brain that the substance in my mouth was, in fact, meat.
Turo, the Airbnb of car rentals, is launching in three Canadian provinces in a limited international expansion as it grapples with the types of insurance headaches that often plague sharing-economy startups.
Ebay sold off its enterprise unit to a consortium of companies led by private equity firm Permira last year. That consortium included Sterling Partners, Longview Asset Management and Innotrac. Today, eBay Enterprise and Innotrac, a global e-commerce fulfillment firm, are essentially merging to become Radial, which calls itself “the largest omnichannel commerce technology and operations provider.”
How do you grow a TV network whose programming is already top in its demo? For ABC Family, it meant becoming Freeform.
Xenex announces its new LightStrike Germ-Zapping Robots, a portable disinfection system that utilizes Full-Spectrum xenon light to destroy antibiotic-resistant bacteria in a 4-minute cycle.
Announces reactive microservices framework Lagom for modernizing application infrastructure
Merrimack firm’s Miralon material used to protect spacecraft
New twists on old ideas as well as innovations in appliances and outdoor power gear
With the inclusion of the Sinclair stations, the national service providing local news via app has grown to approximately 150 stations in 100 markets covering 80% of the U.S.
Auction.com has rebranded at the corporate level to Ten-X, as the company begins to grow other segments beyond its auction-based platform.
The new company name was chosen from among 500 possibilities and was evaluated for trademark research and URL availability. The company chose the brand name in collaboration with Lexicon Branding.
Today, Tangerine is pleased to announce the launch of Secure Chat, a brand new service feature that will allow Clients the ability to interact securely with the bank over a real-time chat session. Available through Tangerine's website and soon on its Mobile Banking app, Secure Chat provides a means for Clients to have typed conversations with Tangerine Associates about confidential banking matters that previously could only be discussed over the phone.
“It’s a Mercedes-Benz” I told the seven eager rugby players, all curious as to what we’d be carpooling in to the tournament. Their eyes widened. “Awesome!”, “Sweet!”, “Baller!”, “Wait, we won’t all fit!” The great challenge of filling a van with eight rugby players is our kit bags. The great joy of a repurposed city-cargo van being used as a passenger vehicle is that it makes a joke of that “challenge”.
Leading networking products maker TP-Link has entered the smartphone market with the introduction of three new Android smartphones – Neffos C5L, C5, and the C5 Max. The three devices, as well as future smartphones from the company, will be marketed under the “Neffos” brand.
The Disney-owned ABC Family network will become the Freeform network Tuesday (Jan. 12). It’s just a name change, not a wholesale brand overhaul, but there’s bound to be some confusion in some of the more than 94 million households the network reaches.
Here are six things to know about the ABC Family moniker makeover
Introducing the Future of Real Estate
The nation's leading online real estate marketplace transitions into traditional, non-distressed property sales, prepares to introduce new, non-auction transaction platforms, and continues its commitment to making it exponentially easier to buy and sell quality homes and commercial properties
There is a revolution afoot, one that is deep in the soul of men's fashion - a revolution in socks.
A year’s worth of highlights from an increasingly vibrant genre.
To calculate fares, taxis have long relied on meters — clunky and expensive devices that are prone to breakdowns. They are a hulking analog reminder on every dashboard of a difference between taxis and their new tech-focused competitors.
We knew it was happening in January and now we know the date. ABC Family announced today the network will officially be renamed Freeform on Tuesday, January 12, the same day as the season premiere of its No. 1 hit series, Pretty Little Liars, and the world premiere of its new original series, Shadowhunters.
Ford stole a march on other automakers a couple of years ago when it introduced a much-improved version of the Transit Connect business van, and other automakers are still striving to catch up. The latest is Mercedes-Benz , which last month launched its new Metris van into what has become one of the most dynamic segments of the U.S. vehicle market.
Heads up, cord cutters: You no longer have to miss out on local news broadcasts, thanks to a new app called NewsOn.
There here were few things more addictive this summer than listening, with alternate delight and wonder, to Starlee Kine’s Mystery Show podcast. In each episode, Kine goes off in pursuit of the answer to some odd question, like, “How tall is Jake Gyllenhaal?” or, “What is the origin of this cool-but-weird belt buckle?” Whatever the assignment, Kine doggedly pursues the truth, taking the listener through a daisy chain of Hollywood assistants to chef’s conferences in Arizona, along with her.
Impossible Foods, a four-year-old, Redwood City, Ca.-based company at work on a new generation of meats and cheeses made entirely from plants, has raised $108 million in new funding from a powerful group of backers.
WHEN SHELBY CLARK launched RelayRides five years ago, the sharing economy barely existed. Lyft and UberX were still two years away, and Airbnb was a 15-person startup being run out of Brian Chesky and Joe Gebbia’s apartment. Clark’s idea—that people would willingly give their car keys to complete strangers—was still a pretty bonkers notion. So most of the company’s branding focused on this innovative new concept. The name and original logo, a steering wheel composed of self-reinforcing arrows, underscored the idea that regular people could rent cars to and from one another, rather than grabbing a white Impala from some polo-shirt-wearing counter jockey.
Consumers in several parts of the country will get their first look at PepsiCo's new Spire soda fountain and a variety of products in the company's snack portfolio with the launch of PepsiCo NSPIRE, a new innovation kitchen on wheels that hits the road this month.
ABC Family will be renamed and rebranded as Freeform in January 2016, network president Tom Ascheim announced Tuesday.
New software from Sonos, announced alongside its new speaker today, automatically optimizes your speakers’ EQ for the room it’s sitting in.
VIENNA, Va., Sept. 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- CyclePoint® from SourceAmerica®, the nation's first electronics recycling network that creates jobs for people with disabilities, announced it has partnered with Keep America Beautiful, a nonprofit organization that promotes clean and livable public spaces, to be the official eRecycler for its national initiative, America Recycles Day (ARD) on November 15.
Next Issue, the publisher-backed subscription service offering unlimited access to 160 magazines, is launching a revamped app with new features and a new name — Texture.
Communications software and services provider Unify is expanding the availability of its Circuit platform through the channel, initially making it available in 30 additional countries.
Kimberly-Clark Corporation today announced the availability of the new Poise Impressa Bladder Supports – an innovative over-the-counter internal solution designed to help stop leaks before they happen.
Electronic Arts has announced that the next expansion to Battlefield Hardline will be called Robbery. It will include four "expansive" new maps—The Docks, Break Pointe, Museum, and Precinct 7—and a five-on-five mode called Squad Heist, which is being billed as an homage to Battlefield 4's Squad Rush.
Melinda Gates, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation co-chair, has quietly established a new organization called Pivotal Ventures, an independent executive office that will give her an opportunity to pursue ideas, projects and potentially investments that might not fit within the structure of the foundation.
RALEIGH, N.C. (Aug. 6, 2015) — Michelin North America Inc. is testing a mobile retail tire purchasing/installation solution, called “Michelin OnSite,” that will enable consumers to buy tires online or by phone and have them installed at a time and place of their choice.
Cabinetry from American Woodmark's Waypoint Living Spaces division is featured on Home Free, a new reality TV series starring remodeling contractor personality Mike Holmes. The new unscripted series debuted last week.
Five major broadcast television station groups collectively reaching two-thirds of U.S. TV households have formed NewsON, a new venture to provide live and same-day local TV newscasts on demand from leading stations around the country to consumers’ mobile and selected connected TV devices.
Vans might seem to be a relatively new class of vehicle, dating back to the shaggy-carpeted versions of the 1970s. However, it was 120 years ago that Gottlieb Daimler built the first motorized truck and Karl Benz patented a combination motor bus and delivery wagon. Their companies went on to join forces and today Daimler AG is the world's largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles. Mercedes-Benz, a division in the Daimler AG portfolio, has now brought a modern-day meld of these vehicles to the U.S.; it's a mid-sized van that has the capability to be a "motor bus" or a "delivery wagon", with some tough, truck-like characteristics, but with car-like maneuverability and handling.
Is podcasting in the middle of a long boom or a short bubble? The future of radio, a medium already being buffeted by streaming music, may be riding on the answer.
Unify, a leading communications software and services firm, today announced Black Box Network Services in North America, Everything Voice in the United Kingdom, and COMNET in Germany as New Way to Work Global Ambassadors of the channel. These Unify partners have created a new business model for how unified communication and collaboration (UCC) products and services are delivered, by selling the New Way to Work—not just the products.
Online diamond and fine jewelry retailer Blue Nile will open its first-ever physical store next month at Roosevelt Field mall.
We are pleased to share that Lexicon-named Zya's Ditty app has won the 2015 Appy Award for best music app. Here is the announcement from our friends at Zya:
Last year we asked if flash glucose monitoring technology could revive Abbott’s flailing diabetes business. Now, 12 months later, we have an answer: Yes.
Please help. We want you to use your experience saving virtual worlds to help save the real one.
The Sonos Studio is easy to miss, tucked between vintage furniture stores and art galleries on a sun-bleached stretch of La Brea Boulevard in Los Angeles. Sonos is a company that makes exactly nine products—five wireless speakers for playing music at home and four accessories—but here at the studio, its only permanent retail space, it’s not possible to purchase any of them. Instead, one might encounter a listening party, a music-inspired art installation, a class on sound production, or a concert. Off to one side is a wall-mounted skateboard “lending library,” and across from that is a living room decorated in late-era hipster, with cow skulls, taxidermied squirrels, and a chandelier shaped like an octopus. The room is laid out to show how a consumer might install a Sonos audio system at home. On repeat visits there’s but a single customer, who seems most interested in the free Wi-Fi. An employee estimates that 10 people come in on the average weekday.
The food truck revolution is going strong, and Stonefire® Authentic Flatbreads is getting in on the action, with a little help from one of the nation’s top chefs. All spring and summer long, the popular company, which makes naan, pita, pizza crusts, and naan crisps, all without any artificial preservatives, flavors, or colors, will take to the road to hand out free samples of dishes created by none other than Top Chef’s Marcel Vigneron. The festivities kick off on April 1 in Los Angeles (when Vigneron himself will be handing out samples at The Americana in Glendale), and the truck will remain stationed in the city until April 12. Over the next few months, the truck will stop in San Francisco (April 16—26), Denver (May 2—3), Chicago (May 9—22), Atlanta (May 27—June 14), DC/ Baltimore (June 19—28), Philadelphia (July 2—12), Boston (July 16—26), and New York from July 30 to August 16.
One of St. Louis’ oldest public companies, Brown Shoe, is stepping out with a new name, Caleres. Brown has been part of the corporate name since the company’s founding in 1878. Next month, however, that name will be dropped once shareholders approve the change on May 28.
Today, PepsiCo Design opens its "Mix It Up" space for a week filled with design collaborations and exhibitions by leading talent during Milan Design Week, the design industry's premiere international event.
Employers, politicians and shops are expected to adopt technology that can detect facial expressions to read people’s minds, a development that even one of the companies behind it admits “is going to cause some worries for people”.
Amid burgeoning demand for iced tea products, the Coca-Cola Co. today announced that Gold Peak and Fuze Tea are two of the newest additions to its portfolio of billion-dollar brands. Retail sales of Gold Peak and Fuze Tea exceeded the $1 billion mark in 2014, as did those of I LOHAS mineral water, a Coke-owned brand that is sold in Japan.
Visceral Games™, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) studio, today announced that Battlefield™ Hardline is now available in North America in retail stores and for digital download on Origin™ for PC, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Battlefield Hardline delivers the ultimate cops and criminals, blockbuster, action fantasy delivered through a world-class multiplayer experience that fans have come to love from the Battlefield franchise and an all-new episodic single player campaign inspired by modern TV crime dramas. The game is already receiving great critical praise as USA Today says that, “it's a fascinating direction for the Battlefield series” and IGN says it’s “fast and furious.”
Podcasting has been around for just over a decade, but the past year has seen an explosion of interest in the form, with “This American Life" spinoff “Serial" breaking iTunes records and a host of new podcast networks popping up to carve out their niche in what's being called the “new golden age of radio."
A San Francisco taxi company is ditching its 82-year-old brand and renaming itself after a smartphone app in the latest sign of how mobile technology is changing the way people get a ride.
Check out Tidal's 2015 exciting kick-off with its co-owners Jay-Z, Madonna, Beyonce, Jason Aldean, Rihanna Calvin Harris, and many more artists, as well as an inspiring address from Alicia Keys.
As Jay Z sees it, there is a clear solution to the problems facing musicians in the streaming age. They should band together — behind him, of course.
On Monday, Jay Z, the rap star and entertainment mogul, announced his plans for Tidal, a subscription streaming service he recently bought for $56 million. Facing competition from Spotify, Google and other companies that will soon include Apple, Tidal will be fashioned as a home for high-fidelity audio and exclusive content.
"The Tides They Are-A Changing," Jay Z tweeted Sunday night, trumpeting the arrival of Tidal, the Swedish high-quality audio streaming service that the rapper recently purchased. Beyoncé, Kanye West, Jack White's Third Man Records, Rihanna, Madonna, Arcade Fire, Coldplay, Daft Punk and Nicki Minaj are among those who have aligned with Tidal, changing their Twitter profile photo to cyan blue in support of Jay Z's fledgling service.
As part of its continued strategic endeavor to help health care systems, physicians and care teams transition from fee-for-service to value-based reimbursement models, Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today the formation of Transcend and Transcend Insights.
In October, Abbott launched its highly awaited FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring system in Europe. The unique product is intended as a replacement for blood glucose meters, while giving patients many of the benefits of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM), including real-time glucose values, trend information and comprehensive reports.
The new, cheapest Mercedes-Benz isn't a plush car or glitzy SUV. It's a work van.
More Articles ...
- Impossible Foods Reshapes the Industry
- Tidal Looks to Expand with the Help of Jay-Z
- Cablevision Forays into Mobile Business with Freewheel
- Israeli Tech Company, Goji, Is Reinventing the Microwave
- Cyient Receives Its Third Pratt & Whitney Award for Supplier Innovation
- KitchenAid’s Torrent Blender Slated to Be a Game-Changer
- Why ING Direct Changed Its Name to Tangerine
- Mercedes-Benz to Unveil Midsize Van in the US
- ooVoo Coming to PS4
- Tune In For Battlefield Hardline's Explosive New Trailer
- 2014 Marketer of the Year Shortlist: Tangerine
- ResMed Unveils AirCurve 10 Series
- Nokia's return to hardware begins with the $250 N1 Android tablet
- ‘This American Life’ Producer Raises $1.5 Million for Podcast Startup Gimlet
- Mercedes-Benz Metris van targets fleet buyers
- Amazon Is Testing Taxis for Deliveries (Flywheel)
- Tidal takes on Spotify with lossless-quality streaming music
- Food 2.0: the future of what we eat
- Unify Launches Ansible, Now Known as Circuit
- Plant Blood: Impossible Foods Takes On Meat
- Microsoft’s new Sway app is a tool to build elegant websites
- Tangerine Brings the Future of Banking to Canadians with New Biometrics Offerings
- Subway to use Softcard NFC for mobile payments
- Abbott Receives CE Mark for FreeStyle® Libre, a Revolutionary Glucose Monitoring System for People with Diabetes
- TIDAL - The First HiFi Music Streaming Service - Announces U.S. and UK Fall Launch
- What to do when a brand becomes synonymous with terror (Softcard)
- Isis Wallet Rebrands as 'Softcard' to Avoid Confusion With Militants
- Vine Stars Combine Their Powers For This HP TV Commercial
- Walmart wades into provider territory
- Tangerine tops J.D. Power ranking in customer satisfaction among midsize retail banks for third straight year
- Nvidia’s Shield Tablet and wireless controller makes a play for gamers
- Mobile Music Game Startup Succeeds With a Hybrid Cloud (Zya)
- Microsoft invigorates Office with Office Mix
- EA’s official teaser for Battlefield Hardline confirms October 21 release
- How Target, Walgreens And Home Depot Have Forever Changed The Private Label Game
- Wal-Mart opening clinic in Cove (Wal-Mart Care Clinic)
- Zola Books and Autography Partner for Personalized eBooks
- Phantom Gourmet: Breakfast Sandwich Taste Test (Tyson DayStarts)
- Infotech Enterprises turns Cyient
- Commercial Bank of Qatar adopts Experian credit risk tools
- Tangerine launches biggest, most innovative advertising campaign in its history
- ResMed's AirFit P10 Mask Wins Design Award
- Zola Books Adds New Features to Reading App
- ING’s Tangerine rebrand kicks into high gear
- Wal-Mart Tests Convenience Store Prototype
- Mendocino Wine Company's Moniker Range
- Tyson Foods Launches Its First Breakfast Line with New Tyson Day Starts
- ChangeScale Works to Support and Advance Environmental Education
- Colgate-Palmolive Q4 results show big volume gains
- ResMed’s New AirFit P10 Nasal Pillows Mask
- Online Retailer Zola Books Buys Bookish
- ooVoo Unwraps a Plethora of Changes and Improvements for iOS Users for the Holidays
- Chillingo Announces Worldwide Launch of Zya
- Amplify: Digital Learning And Education Technology
- HP soups up, adds ultrabook to Z Series workstation lineup
- Dissecting Mosaid's high-tech rebranding
- New Compact PoE Switch From Brocade Targets Federal Market
- Amazon distancing itself from Apple with Kindle Fire HDX
- Mosaid Technologies to double size of patent portfolio; now called Conversant
- Amplify CEO Joel Klein on how tablets and games will revolutionize education
- Website Of The Week: AFAR
- Turner Eyes Fat Market for ‘Upwave’ Health & Wellness Brand
- Zola Books: Social Retailer and Publisher, to Officially Launch in September
- China’s Tianhe-2 Supercomputer Takes No. 1 Ranking on 41st TOP500 List
- Amplify Brings Gamification To Middle-School Students
- Intel's Next Generation 'Xeon Phi' Challenges Nvidia's Dominance
- ResMed Launches Quattro Air Full Face Mask
- Nielsen Honors 14 CPG Products for Breakthrough Innovation
- Nvidia Shield gaming handheld priced at $349, pre-orders begin on May 20th (preview)
- 2014 Subaru Forester Tops National Safety Honors For Small SUVs (VIDEO)
- Turner Starts Health Brand upwave to Create Digital, Mobile and TV Content
- Provent Sleep Apnea Therapy and Theravent Advanced Nightly Snore Therapy Now Available Through Theravent, Inc.
- FTS Introduces Aquacor Water Purification Systems
- Intel ‘Iris’ Chips Boast Improved Graphics Performance for Gaming
- Microsoft Azure Sales Top $1 Billion Challenging Amazon
- Oovoo President Opens Up About Forthcoming Features As The Video Chat Sensation Crosses 75M Users
- OnStar receives rare accreditation as a top emergency dispatch center
- Music Mastermind Announces Mobile Launch
- Beyond Biases
- Soon Everyone Will Be Using UltraViolet To Watch Movies On-The-Go
- News Corp pushes its way into the classroom with educational Amplify tablet
- Pearl.com Website Named Among World's Most Effective Rebrands
- Calvin Klein Airs Superbowl Ad for 'Concept'
- RIM renames itself BlackBerry: Here’s how that name came to be
- Nvidia’s Project Shield handheld takes PC games on the go
- EverMild Offers A Mellow, Domestic Alternative
- ooVoo Expands Its Leadership Team
- Flywheel app gets taxi drivers' support
- As automakers pick future car names, the DeVille is in the DTS
- BBC Joins DECE And Enables UltraViolet
- In Sweetener Campaign, Nature Is The Star
- Calvin Klein Underwear to Unveil Push Positive Campaign
- Horizon Pharma Inc Announces FDA Approval of RAYOS
- Company Signs Up Sir Steve Redgrave (Actegy)
- ooVoo Unveils Four-Way Mobile Video Chat
- GM owners now able to rent out their cars through OnStar
- Zola: Aims to Replace Google Books, Then Take on Amazon
- Amplify: News Corporation Forms New Brand for Education Division
- FreeStyle InsuLinx Hailed as "Best Product of the Year"
- Samsung adopts Windows Azure for Smart TV cloud structures