Dec 8th 2014
ResMed just launched the AirCurve 10 series, which includes three bilevel devices for specialized support of challenging sleep apnea cases, as well as an adaptive servo-ventilation device for patients with central sleep apnea or Cheyne-Stokes respiration.
“We’ve developed the AirCurve 10 series for patients who need truly personalized support,” says Greg Peake, president of the ResMed Sleep-Disordered Breathing Global Business Unit, in a release. “These new devices raise the bar in their category–complementing the connected care offerings in our Air Solutions platform and enabling our customers to take their patient care to new heights while streamlining their workflows and enhancing their efficiency.”
Wireless Connectivity Supports Remote Patient Monitoring and Engagement
The ResMed Air Solutions connected care platform is an ecosystem of hardware and software solutions designed to improve overall patient care and streamline compliance monitoring and therapy management. Every AirCurve 10 device features built-in wireless connectivity and works seamlessly with ResMed’s AirView patient monitoring software. AirView, ResMed’s cloud-based patient management system, also has a new Remote Assist feature that allows healthcare providers to troubleshoot common therapy questions and change therapy settings remotely.
AirCurve 10 devices also support ResMed’s U-Sleep premium patient management platform, as well as the myAir patient engagement tool.
The AirCurve 10 line includes:
• AirCurve 10 S: A bilevel device ideal for patients who need extra pressure support or find it difficult to adjust to therapy on a fixed pressure continuous positive airway pressure device. It features two different adjustable pressures that can help make therapy feel more comfortable.
• AirCurve 10 VAuto: An auto-adjusting bilevel device for patients who need greater pressure support to treat their obstructive sleep apnea. It uses the comfort of both the proven AutoSet algorithm and Easy-Breathe waveform in its VAuto algorithm.
• AirCurve 10 ST: A bilevel device with backup rate that provides exceptional patient-ventilator synchrony, reducing the work of breathing so patients remain comfortable and well ventilated.
• AirCurve 10 ASV: A bilevel device for central breathing disorders such as Cheyne-Stokes respiration, central sleep apnea, or obstructive events. The AirCurve 10 ASV targets the patient’s own recent minute ventilation. By treating central breathing disorders with auto-adjusting pressure support, and upper airway obstruction with auto-adjusting expiratory positive airway pressure, the device works to rapidly stabilize breathing.
• TiControl: Found in AirCurve 10 S, AirCurve 10 VAuto, and AirCurve 10 ST, TiControl lets providers set minimum and maximum time limits on either side of the patient’s ideal spontaneous flow cycling, creating a window of opportunity for the patient to spontaneously cycle the breath and timely intervention during challenging conditions.
• Trigger Sensitivity: Adjustable trigger and cycle sensitivity settings TiControl, found in AirCurve 10 S, AirCurve 10 VAuto, and AirCurve 10 ST, can be used to optimize synchrony between the device and the patient’s own respiratory efforts.
• Vsync: Advanced leak management technology, Vsync helps provide patient-ventilator synchrony. Vsync is available in all AirCurve 10 devices.
• HumidAir: Integrated heated humidification that affords simpler therapy, with fewer parts to set up and manage.